Blair Harris is a highly regarded solo cellist and chamber musician, known particularly for his strikingly individual interpretations and innovative collaborative projects.
Blair is a member of Ensemble Offspring, and performs regularly as a duo with acclaimed pianist Caroline Almonte. Prior to this he enjoyed many years performing with Syzygy Ensemble.
Over his career, Blair has worked with numerous chamber music ensembles including Streeton Trio, Seraphim Trio, Inventi Ensemble and the Melbourne Chamber Orchestra. As a soloist he has performed with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Orchestra Victoria on numerous occasions.
Blair is currently guest principal cello of the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra.
Blair Harris plays a c.1743 Guadagnini Violoncello, Piacenza, ‘Ngeringa’, on loan to the ASQ through the generosity of UKARIA.
Blair joins the ASQ for the following performances:
– National Season Tour Three, Schubert Ledger Shostakovich
– Mornings with the ASQ – September
– Port Fairy Spring Music Festival – Saturday Night Gala
– Port Fairy Spring Music Festival – Quartet & Country
– Forever & Ever – Sydney Dance Company
– Songs of Travel
Photo: Pedro Greig