You can re-watch this webisode on-demand any time until 31 October 2020.
Mendelssohn streamed live from UKARIA
Mendelssohn String Quartet in F minor op 80
I. Allegro vivace assai
II. Allegro assai
IV. Allegro molto
Distraught at the sudden death of his beloved sister Fanny, this final quartet by Felix Mendelssohn bristles with feverish energy, grief, anger, passion and disbelief.
– An introduction by Johanna Allen
– A More Musical Life – Dale Barltrop chats with UKARIA founder, Ulrike Klein
– No Strings Attached – Speed Dating the Australian String Quartet
– Your Backstage Pass – A pre-show peek behind the scenes before the show
– Program Notes – ASQ on Mendelssohn
– Live Performance of Mendelssohn String Quartet in F minor op 80 by the ASQ
– Open Q&A – Johanna asks the burning questions live on stage
Filmed on location at UKARIA Cultural Centre in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia, on Peramangk country
About ASQ Live at UKARIA
Available to stream on our digital platform ASQ Live + On Demand, our ASQ Live at UKARIA series of live-streamed webisodes mixes lifestyle programming and live-performance with a splash of broadcasting excitement! Hosted by the charismatic Johanna Allen, join us every Sunday at 3pm (ACST) as we celebrate life through art, culture and music, set against a backdrop of the stunning Adelaide Hills. Subscriptions to the ASQ Live + On Demand streaming platform cost just $40, allowing you access to all eight ASQ Live at UKARIA webisodes, and extra on-demand content up until 31 October 2020.
For technical assistance or information on broadcasting the stream to your TV, check our FAQs.
All live streams will take place at 3pm, Australian Central Standard Time (ACST). Make sure to calculate the time difference from your location!