You can re-watch this webisode on-demand anytime until 31 October 2020.
Shostakovich streamed live from UKARIA
Shostakovich String Quartet no 3 in F major op 73
II. Moderato con moto
III. Allegro non troppo
IV. Adagio (attacca)
A powerful and symphonic work for quartet where the five movements trace the arc of conflict, resolving with “The eternal question: Why? And for what?”
– An introduction by Johanna Allen
– A More Musical Life – Sharon and luthier Jim Redgate muse on life while Slava Grigoryan noodles in the background
– No Strings Attached – Allegretto Bambino – musicians of the future (aged 5 – 7) interview the ASQ.
– Your Backstage Pass – A pre-show peek behind the scenes before the show
– Program Notes – ASQ on Shostakovich
– Live Performance of Shostakovich’s String Quartet no 3 in F major op 73, by the ASQ
– Open Q&A – Johanna asks the burning questions live on stage
Filmed on location at UKARIA Cultural Centre in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia, on Peramangk country
About ASQ Live at UKARIA
Available to stream on our digital platform ASQ Live + On Demand, our ASQ Live at UKARIA series of live-streamed webisodes mixes lifestyle programming and live-performance with a splash of broadcasting excitement! Hosted by the charismatic Johanna Allen, join us every Sunday at 3pm (ACST) as we celebrate life through art, culture and music, set against a backdrop of the stunning Adelaide Hills. Subscriptions to the ASQ Live + On Demand streaming platform cost just $40, allowing you access to all eight ASQ Live at UKARIA webisodes, and extra on-demand content up until 31 October 2020.
For technical assistance or information on broadcasting the stream to your TV, check our FAQs.
All live streams will take place at 3pm, Australian Central Standard Time (ACST). Make sure to calculate the time difference from your location!
This webisode is generously supported by Lyndsey and Peter Hawkins